- Make a Date with God. Just like every relationship you need to invest time into it to help it grow. Plans are all over the place in the summer so schedule your time with God in your planner! Writing it down will make it a priority in your life.
- Make a Plan. There are so many ways to study God's Word. But having a plan before you sit down with Him can be helpful. Is your time spent with the Lord in your Anchored Press Devotional Planner? If so, how can you enrich this time in His Word and dig deeper? My sweet friend Teresa Swanstrom Anderson just launched a 2 week study that clearly and concisely helps you become a student of the Bible called the Bible Nerd. This would be a great place to start! Head here to find it.
- Meet with God in your place of peace. If it's in your backyard under your favorite tree, in a quiet little corner of your house, or cozy in your bed before your day begins, having the right environment helps! You will be more enticed to head to that spot everyday if you know peace will wash over you before you even dive into God's Word. If you don't have a space like that, make one. Light a candle, diffuse some oils or turn on a fountain, whatever it is that puts you at peace, make it happen!
- Journal how God is using your time with Him to enrich your life. It's a promise that "through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.” (2 Timothy 3:17 MSG) Your days will be different when you meet with Him. Writing down how God uses His living breathing Word in your life will keep you coming back for more.
- Find an accountability partner. Does your husband, best friend, or son or daughter want to commit to being in God's Word everyday? Set a goal that each of you will meet with God everyday for 2 weeks (Teresa's Bible Nerd study would be a great place to start!) and check in with your "partner" right after you've finished your quiet time for the day. This is what personally launched my consistent time with God a few years ago!
I will be praying for you as you commit to being anchored in God's Word this summer! And I'm confident that He will keep you coming back for more!